Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Meet the Crew: Kristen

Kristen is a WELCOME and last minute addition to our crew. We are all thrilled to have Kris join us. She is getting to be a "pro" on these trips and the kids there love her. I've got the pics to prove it. :) Kristen is a hard worker and very self-less in her giving. She is always ready to go whatever is needed. She is always up for a giggle-fest in the late hours of the evening as well. Don't let her sweet smile and shy personality mislead you - she's devious when it comes to pranks.

How many years have you gone to the Rez with us?

This will be my fourth yr.

What is something specific people can pray for you about?

That I do what I need to do while I'm out there the other people and not doing things just for me

What about the trips has changed you and/or makes you want to go back?

I have been able to come out of my shell a little more
dealing with the kids and stuff.. and the kids are what you mostly wanna go back for


**Note* In case there is some confusion about last minute additions to the crew when I make a big deal about deadlines, here is the explanation. Although there are firm deadlines for signing up for the trips to Pine Ridge, occasionally we have a crew member that has to drop out for various reasons. When that happens a spot becomes available - I normally reserve those last minute spots for folks who are familiar with the trips due to the need to be as spiritually, emotionally, physically, and culturally prepared as possible.