Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Meet the Crew: Chrissie

*Sorry - no picture of Chrissie availalbe. Even after all the years she has gone I do not have a good close-up pic of her. I have several that were taken from a distance but no close-ups. :/ That will change this year Chrissie!!

About Chrissie
Chrissie is a pleasure to have along on the trips. She quietly goes about doing what she’s there to do without complaining and gives her best at all times. Her love for the kids there is evident to anyone who has traveled to the Rez with her.

How many years have you gone to the Rez with us?

This will be my 4th trip.

What is something specific people can pray for you about?

I have sciatic nerve problems so it can make traveling in the van for long periods of time hard on me.

For those of you who have gone before - what is the thing about it that has changed you and made you want to go back?

My priorities have changed…things that may have seemed important before don’t always seem so important now.
The major thing that keeps me wanting to go back each year is the kids. When you aren’t there you think of them, I miss them and wonder what they are doing and how they are. Are they cold or hungry…are they happy or sad. It truly is a week where you put all your needs and wants aside and put all the focus on them. For one week you know the kids had fun and felt loved and by the end of the week you realize you did too. When it’s time to say goodbye, the cycle starts over and my heart aches to return again.