Friday, March 29, 2013

Introducing Carrie

 
Carrie

Q. What are some of your interests, gifts, hobbies, outside of missions?

      Spending time with my family and friends are number 1 on my list. I have a six year old           Niece  and 2 nephews age 5 and age 4. They fill my heart with love and joy. I also enjoy traveling the world. I have been so blessed to have visited some beautiful and amazing places. I am a huge Olympic follower and have to say standing on the grounds in Greece where it all began has to be one of my favorite highlights.

Q. What kind of work do you do (or did you do if you are retired)?
             I have worked at Carthage Mills for the last 14 years.I started out as the receptionist and 
            after 5 years moved up to the Customer Service Department. I enjoy what I do.
Q. Have you been to the Pine Ridge Reservation before? If so, how many years?
 
          Yes, last year was my first trip.
Q. Have you been involved with other mission trips before? If so, where have you gone?
 
         No, But I hope to someday.

Q. Why are you interested in Pine Ridge as an outreach?
 
 My best friend Angie Coffey came back from her trip to Pine Ridge back in 2011 with the most  amazing stories, pictures and memories. I knew this was something I must do and see for myself.I am so happy to be going back this year.I can’t wait to see those beautiful little faces and smiles.I knew before I left there last year that I would be going again this year. I have spent the last 8 months spreading the word about the Lakota people to anyone who will listen. Backpacks for Pine Ridge is something I am proud to be part of.

 

Q. How can people best pray for you as you prepare for this trip?
 

Pray for good health and strength and safe travels for me and my team

 
 
What is something else you would like for us to know about you? 

I try to live my life to the fullest.I hope to continue to always make my friends and family proud.