Thursday, March 28, 2013

Introducing Bailey


Bailey

Q.  What are some of your interests, gifts, hobbies, outside of missions?
I really enjoy reading. My favorite types of books are mysteries, romance, suspense, and thrillers. However, I do enjoy biographies and historical fiction as well. I am also currently reading some fantasy titles. I enjoy running. I like that it helps me stay fit but I really run just for me. Its a time that I can be alone and work through any issues going on in my life, it helps clear my head.

Q.  What kind of work do you do (or did you do if you are retired)?
I am a teacher. I am still looking for a full time classroom job but have spent the last 3 years working at Northwest Local Schools as a Title I teacher. I pull small groups of children to help improve their reading and math skills.

Q.  Have you been to the Pine Ridge Reservation before? If so, how many years?
This will be my fourth trip to Pine Ridge.

Q.  Have you been involved with other mission trips before? If so, where have you gone?
This is the only mission I have been on, and this trip actually helped bring me back to church.

Q.  Why are you interested in Pine Ridge as an outreach?
I am a firm believer that the best way to change the future for any culture is to reach out to the children and educate them. This mission does both of those things. We show the Lakota children that people outside of their village do love and care about them. We also help give them the tools to get an education. In my heart, I know that with those two tools, education and love, they can do anything.

Q.  What is the thing you are most looking forward to about this trip?
I am excited to see how the kids have grown and changed. It always amazes me how much they mature over the course of one year.

Q.  How can people best pray for you as you prepare for this trip?
Please pray that I have found a full time job, prior to the trip so I can put my full focus on the children out there and not be worried about missing interview opportunities. Also pray that the team can come together and work as a unified force to show the children our love and God's love.