Thursday, April 11, 2013

Introducing Earl

 
 
Earl
 
Q.  What are some of your interests, gifts, hobbies, outside of mission?
I love to spend time with my wife and family. I like to read, go camping and woodworking. I love to teach Sunday School.

 
Q.  What kind of work do you do?
I have worked in a machine shop since I graduated from high school.

 
Q.  Have you been to the Pine Ridge reservation before? If so how many years?
This will be my fourth year going to Pine Ridge.

 
Q.  Why are you interested in Pine Ridge as an outreach?
My best friend Fred Howell asked me to go in 2010 to help with the work project that year. To be honest that was the real reason I went, but working with the Lakota children made the biggest impact on me, they really tugged at my heart strings. I want to get to know them better as well as teach them about Jesus. I would also like to build on the relationships with the adults

 
Q.  What is the thing you are most looking forward to about this trip?
I look forward to see the children and continue building relationships with them. I’m also looking forward to seeing Barry and Shelly. . Oh yeah!! I can’t wait to go on the Kool Aid run.

 
Q.  How can people best pray for you as you prepare for this trip?
My request is that I will always show Jesus to everyone that I come in contact with no matter who, or the situation.