Sunday, June 15, 2008

Meet the Crew: Whitlock


Since I have so many Brian's in my life, I have dubbed this Brian "Whitlock". What can I say about Whitlock ... he is a really gifted organizer. I've been amazed as I've watched him work on both this team and the Rezonate team. His real day job has him wheeling and dealing with some very big businesses and he is far more talented than I ever imagined. Not only that, he's a genuinely nice guy. Very kind, A Real Giver, Good Cook (thankfully since he's our cook this year). He has volunteered to cook for 150 people at a homeless shelter - not just once a week, but every day. Takes Initiative, Is fun to pick on, Has a great sense of humor. And just can't seem to take a good pic - the first pic I took he was saying something and it came out looking like he was blowing a kiss -- and in this one he has his eyes shut. Oh well, sorry Whitlock. (He may kill me for this)


How many years have you gone to the Rez with us?


This will be my first year.


What is something specific people can pray for you about?


Be more obedient to God!

Why do you want to go on this trip?


I live to serve other's and I love to cook, I want to use what God has blessed me with to help other's. I see this mission trip having two missions for me personally, the first is helping and building a relationship with the Pine Ridge people, the second is to serve the Pine Ridge Mission team.