Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Another Change of Plans

Are you getting the feeling that everything changes all the time? Well, you're right, it does. And it will change again I'm sure. It's just the way mission trips go... we start with a plan and then constantly re-adjust. So be prepared to be flexible.

Yesterday was a busy day. Most of the loot bags are packed - just waiting for one more shipment to arrive so I can finish them. I also spent time in the phone and in email with a number of people regarding a number of issues. Too many to really get into and in the end, the only one that will change anything for the crew is this one ...

We had planned to take some of the kids to Rapid City for a movie and pizza on the Friday that we will be there. Well... for a number of reasons, that isn't going to work out. So, I've been working on another possibility. I've been talking to the superintendent of the American Horse school and it looks very likey that we will be able to do a work project there on Friday. She gave me a list of projects - everything from, get this, pouring basketball courts, to fixing a fence, to reseeding part of the lawn and planting some flowers. I'm pretty sure we wont be doing the basketball courts since we couldnt get that done in a single day. I would like to be able to complete anything we start there and not leave them with a half-done project.

The cool thing is that we will be able to be to do some work that will benefit the village - even those who do not have a connection with the church.

Crew members - are you praying??

I have a good feeling about this trip. I think it may be our best one yet!