Monday, February 05, 2007

News From the Rez

It's been a "Pine Ridge" morning.

I have worked on pricing out the t-shirts, and a few other Pine Ridge business matters.

Then the water guns arrived via FedEx. I know the FedEx man is very familiar with our addres and probably wonders what in the world we are doing. I never actually see him - he drops it and runs, but he's got to wonder why he's bringing so many packages to our house. :)

Then I called out to the rez to see if they wanted/needed a small chest-type freezer. John has said he would raise the money and get one for us to take out if they wanted it. They do!

I also needed to ask them if there were any items they, the school, or the people in the village might need. Matthew 25 Ministires has a warehouse full of "stuff" and so I asked Barry and Shelly to make a list and to also call Stan over at the church in Wounded Knee to see if they needed anything. They will be making up a list and then we'll check with Matthew 25 Ministries to see if they have anything on their list, and we'll take it.

I'm thinking ... we're going to need a bigger truck!

When I talked to Shelly today, she shared with me some really exciting news ....

She has started a Youth Group which meets on Thursday evenings.

She also has a dinner and movie night each Friday ngiht. The kids come for dinner and then have a Christian based movie.

This is just too cool and has been badly needed for a long time!

They also have started a newsletter and she is sending me a copy of the Dec./Jan. newsletters. She will also send them each month in the future but thought we would be especially intersted in seeing the Dec./Jan. issues because our pictures are in them! I'll make copies and pass them out at church once I get them!