Monday, April 10, 2006

Yikes! Jesus Come See About Us!

Three weeks from today is the final deadline for having all of our money in. Just 3 weeks! And I'm concerned. At this time we are about $1000.00 behind. Not good.

And another concern is that we have hit every Kroger, Target, Wal-Mart, Meijer, and other stores in the area as well as contacting all of the major oil companies asking them for donations. So far, nothing. The oil companies did write back to tell us they do not have enough money to support every worthy cause.

Normally we have a lot of donations but this year, for whatever reason, they are simply not coming in. This can pose a big problem for our trip. Basically, if we don't come up with the money - we don't go. I don't really believe that will happen, but it is a possibility.

While I am concerned, I'm not too worried because I know that if God wants this trip to happen He will supply all we need. Someone has said, "If it's God's will, it's God's bill", and that is true. And I truly believe that God wants this trip to happen. There are just too many reasons I believe that. One being that it is very likely that someone will come to Christ because of this particular trip. That is more of a possibility this year than in previous years.

So of course, our enemy is going to fight. What we need to do is PRAY. That is how spiritual battles are won. Then we need to put legs on our prayers and do whatever we can do on our end.

If there is someone who would like to help us out, here are some folks who really need some help coming up with their money:

Daniel
Larry
The Jacksons
Kristen

Contact me at my email address or see me at church if you feel led to help one of these. We need to make our budget by May 1st so that we can begin purchasing supplies.

One alternative we could do to cut costs is to not feed lunch to the kids. I really don't want to do that. For some of those kids, the lunch we feed them is the only meal they get. I well remember last year seeing kids taking the scraps from the other kid's plates and putting them in their purse or pocket so they could have something to take home for their evening meal or to share with family. I really think we have to feed them so I'm trusting God to come through. He always does. But for some reason He seems to wait until the last minute.