Friday, April 07, 2006

A Song From Our Hymnal

I got excited and had a bit of a picture posting frenzy this monning. I hope you enjoy ... click on any of the pictures to make them bigger.

Back when we were putting together the first trip to the reservation I came across this song in our hynmal at church and felt that it "just fit" with what we attempt to do there. I know it expresses my prayer.


O May Thy Church Build Bridges Lord

O may thy church build bridges Lord,
Across the wastes where men have warred
With stone on stone as fighting cease
And war-fare yields to lasting peace

Forgiveness, justice, in each span
As man is reconciled to man
And enmity and hate and fear
Give way to love and hope and cheer

Lord let these bridges ever be
For rich and poor
From sea to sea
Across which man may still progress
And not destroy the world but bless

O teach us thus to build for peace
And may our efforts never cease
Till nations press with one accord
Into the kingdom of our Lord!