Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Making a List and Checking it Twice

Christmas time is almost here and we have an opportunity to be a blessing to some kids on the Rez who need it badly ...and to be blessed ourselves in the process. Isn't that really the joy of Christmas ... giving.

Shelly called and asked if we would help out a family this Christmas by buying gifts for the children. I said, 'Of course!! We'd love to!" And I could hear her grin over the phone when she said, "I have a special family picked out for your church ... wanna know who?" Its Hammer's family!

Hammer and his brother Damian were two of the kids who were sleeping in the car earlier this year. They have since been moved into a small two bedroom house with the rest of their brothers and sisters. These are also the kids who were hungry this summer ... really hungry. I would imagine that there will be no gifts for them this Christmas unless we make that happen. So ... are you up for it? What could be more fun than shopping for kids who really need and appreciate it? I know its what will make my Christmas special.

So here's the list. Please let me know which child you will buy for because I want to make sure each of the kids get something. Hammer will be the most popular because he's just adorable, but there are 6 other kids who need gifts too. Email me at amberburiff@aol.com to let me know which child you are taking care of for Christmas.

Mato - 6 months old

Cecil - 2 years old

Edsel (boy) - 4 years old

Hammer - 6 years old

Boo Boo (girl) - 8 years old

Damian - 9 years old

Dewy - 11 years old

I do not have their sizes but I think kids are kids whether they are "poor" or not and would really want TOYS. Sometimes the "fun" can be just as important or maybe more so than the clothes and such. Its the fun that helps you deal with the rough things in life.

Please bring your WRAPPED gifts WITH the CHILD's NAME on it, along with some money to cover shipping costs to the church no later than Dec. 6th and I will ship them all together.

Non-perisable Christmas goodies are also welcome. These kids don't get enough to eat.