Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Meet the Crew: Ericka

Ericka is one of those crew members that I would be lost without. She is great about doing whatever is needed without any direction. She is as good in the kitchen as she is on the playground - and that's saying something because she's really, really good on the playground. I'm pretty sure she could put these trips together herself and lead them and she may well do that one day. Ericka is planning to be a teacher and the kids on the Reservation love her mightily. She always has two or three of them attached to her the whole week we are on the Rez. To watch her interact with the kids is to see her putting her giftedness into action.

How many years have you gone to the Rez with us?

This year will be my fourth trip to the reservation. So, I have been three times already.

What is something specific people can pray for you about?

People can pray that I am physically, mentally, and spiritually ready for the trip. I have found that the trip is often challenging in ways that I can' learn it.

What is the thing about the trips that has changed you and made you want to go back.

I feel that going on the mission trip allows my relationship with God to grow in a different way each time that I take this adventure on. I have also developed a great passion for the children, people, and relationships that are built on the trip (both within the crew and with the people living on the Rez). I have kept going back because I feel that it is something God has led me to do both for me and the children.