Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Panic Mode

This is about the time when people start to freak out. We leave in 9 days and the reality of what we're attempting couples with fear of the unknown and people start to get nervous. I know I am ... and I've been to the rez several times. My main fear is not about what will happen there, but "what will I forget"?? I actually woke up in a panic the other night. I could have sworn I was in Iowa and had forgotten the map! It took me a few minutes to realize that I was NOT in Iowa, that I had NOT forgotten the map, and that in fact, we had NOT left yet. It was comforting to know I was in the safety of my own bed and only having a bad dream.

SO, if you're feeling a bit nervous, I came across a phrase a while back that I've adopted.

"In the end, everything will be okay. And if it's not okay, it's not the end."